• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED light bar in grille

Wargasm

Somewhere I came across an image of a truck someone had basically cut out a portion of the plastic grill fins and placed a LED light bar presumably attached to the radiator support. I have been unable to reproduce said image. I am making the jump and trying it. Measured my allowable clearances between the grilles vertical supports at a 24,36,48 depending on how wide of a bar I wanted to go with (48" light would require removal of the slave receptacle and possibly factory horn). I chose to try the middle of the road. Light is ordered ($80 for 18,000 lumen light in the grille, yes please), I selected a 258 mm (33.7ish inches) curved light. I am hoping the contour of the curve will lend itself nicely into the contour of the factory chevy grille. Has anyone else seen the image I am describing, or even done this before? I am rarely a trend setter so every good idea I think I am trying is usually already a dead horse.