• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED Lighting on M817

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After doing a height compliant bumper, I felt the truck needed more (sound familiar?)

I added the Grote LED upgrade lights, top marker lights, as well as a "few" more in back. I picked up Erik's front marker light converter cable, worked like a charm (it's laying on the floor working behind the dash I could do without...ASH still hurts). Next time, I need someone to remind to ALSO soak the mounting bolts before breaking them off (as well as drilling one out).

Having fun!!!

Bob

Attachments

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking truck. I put a set of LED headlights and taillights on my 813 and it made a world of difference. I can see better and people can see me better. Still have to mount my LED front signals. I've been thinking of getting some LED markers too. i like the way those look. Nice sedan catcher on the front too. :mrgreen:

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Sigo

I just won a 925 at a GL auction........and the 813 is what I would have rather picked up (though none to be found at GL in my area). That is a Sweet looking 5 ton. L.E.D. lights make the truck stand out. How do you like the headlights? I thought about picking them up.

I picked up the LED markers from EriksMilitarySurplus.....super nice guy. I'll post a few pictures once she's all lit up (and complete.....2 more front side markers to go and 1 front signal).

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The LED truck lite headlights make an incredible difference. I picked up a used set and polished the lens with a 3m kit. Made them look like new. I think I paid about $150 for the set because the were so scratched. I painted the slightly rusty bezels too. After resurrection with paint and the polishing kit you'd never know they had looked so bad. Well worth the money IMO. I never want to go back to stock lights.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks