• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED Lights for my M998

Royalpower

Hello guys,

Does anyone know anything about LED lights? I'm interested in putting on a 52' LED light on my M998 but I don't know anything about these things and the prices have a very large range. I was hoping someone could look at this listing and let me know if this is high quality or not? and what should I truly pay for something like this? Finally, any general recommendations?

LINK Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Kswiney

Wow never mind. Hope I'm not the only person to ever read something wrong? Please disregard my posts. Good luck on your purchase let me know how they work.

Royalpower

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, I want to but I don't know enough about it. I do like it and I got him to drop the price but I don't know much about the quality. Now based on what I was reading online they recommend the LEDs produced by CREED and the ones you found on Amazon are but I don't think the one I found is. I sent the seller a question asking him. We'll see, I'll keep you posted.

Dark Night

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So... he just cut the listed price in half? Cuz you asked? Holy markup, Batman!!! It may be a better price, but of unknown quality.

About a year ago, I bought door window switches for my toy car on eBay. They seemed ok. Price was decent. I installed them and after about 6 months, one of them broke while just trying to raise a window. The plastic toggle broke loose from the mechanism. I just switched it out with passenger door switch for the time being. A few months later, another one broke, same way...

I bought the OEM units from a reputable online parts seller... They were much beefier and had a better action when toggled. Twice the price of the eBay crap, but quality. Lesson learned.

That said, lights from Rigid or some other high end brand, you'll need deep pockets. But you will get what you pay for... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vShTn7bWes

Please note that I have NO affiliation with Rigid or any other light brand. Just someone who has learned a hard lesson about cheap knockoff parts...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks