• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

led marker and tunsignal light troubles

ares1986

hey i have an 813 a1 and it already had led head lights and tail lamps installed it came with two front marker/turnsignal lights , but were not installed. i finally got the time the other day to go out and try to put them on and what i thought was going to be a breeze turned out to be more frustration. first the old lights only have three wires instead of 4 as the new lights so i made a ground wire and took care of that problem when i went to screw them back togather the holes woulndt line up, do i need newer buckets to mount them in or just use 3 screws instead ot 5, or do i scrap those light and buy some new ones that fit? im lost......... :cookoo:

RDUKW

I had the same problem. Those faces only fit the metal buckets. I ended up getting metal buckets and using them on another project. I am still trying to get info if there is a led face that can update the old plastic buckets.

Ryan

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use the LED markers with the old buckets and just use the 3 screws that line up. I did the same thing on my deuce until I got the aluminum buckets. The newer aluminum buckets line up with the LED marker screw holes, just make sure you're getting the right buckets when buying online. I bought one each from different sellers on eBay relatively cheap. The LEDs are sealed so the gap between the bucket and the LED assembly aren't a big deal.

I've never seen an LED assembly that matches the old bucket. An option to keep the old buckets and still have LED lights is to just replace the incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs. My opinion is that it's worth it to use the military LED assembly, there no comparison to incandescent or LED bulbs in brightness.

As I recall the wires should match with the exception of a ground. The incandescent lights ground though the mounting studs, the LEDs are sealed so they require a ground wire. Some come with a grounding pigtail attached, but I had to make one for most of mine. Just use a length of wire, crimp a female shell connector on one end with a round terminal on the other end. Attach the terminal to a mounting screw and it should ground just fine.

Sorry I didn't have those hooked up for you Ares, I always intended to get a set of aluminum buckets.

Last edited:

ares1986

thats ok sigo i got a pair of black buckets off ebay and painted them green lol, got the singles on it after hunting down some o rings (pain) lol bought a 105 trailer to go with it upgraded the lights on it to match the truck , new windshields,door glass and a hard top, fixed the fan bracket put new bolts on the fron tof the motor flushed the system and put all new belts on the front of the motor,everythings good so far got an execptional truck, but picked up a screw in one of the singles today so gotta try and plug it till i can get 4 new 14.00r20s

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read!