• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED Pushbutton Switch Install

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
everyone who wants one can install one and take the plunge....I personally will follow the Mfg’s lead....to this day AM General uses a 3 lever Switch, that must tell you something.

Notachance

I'm new (have had M998 for a week) and I'm sure I will be told to consult TM and get laughed at but I'm attempting to install the infamous push button switch. Yes I know there are two camps on if the switch is safe or not but I've decided to go for it. I've searched through posts here and google and haven't found this issue so assuming it's me just doing something wrong.

I disconnected battery. Removed old switch. Connected new one before installing, including great ground connection. Reconnected battery and it worked perfectly. Disconnected and tried to physically install but the four tabs for the screw holes on dashboard appear to be in the way of slipping oval section into place.

A trusted "advisor" told me it has to fit and I tried to force it , and one of the tabs broke off. I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy.

Any guidance other than call a professional, install original one and never try to fix anything myself again?

Thanks
Here is the updated switch fully installed. I will post another pic once the truck burns to the ground.

Thanks for all the advice and guidance including calling out the risks.

Next weekend the RFID ignition accessory is next.

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watching that thing go up in smoke was humbling.

My spare LED control box or whatever it is called will go on the auction site this weekend.

Great video!

Thanks!

T

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Just poke it in the door hinge. I Like the battery disconnect set-up. Money saving feature for sure,

Wonder how much smoke that one could make, CAMO

papakb

Dash 10 manual, I don't need no stinking dash 10 manual! That video is a great example of a clueless new HMMWV owner. These trucks aren't cheap. Wouldn't you like to know somethimg about it before laying out money for one? They aren't your average Hertz rental car.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool video bruh...

I gotta get one of them switches.

Then drive without my seatbelt on, as I recently learned!

Sweet

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clueless new owner or not, I won't forget his video about the LED light switch anytime soon.

I appreciate his posting this video, but the video was strange.

Who videos his rig burning? I for one might have concentrated less on camera work and more upon getting a fire extinguisher from my storage area.

I was surprised his girlfriend was willing to get back into his rig. I was surprised she was with him at all. Maybe she was afraid of staying behind with that homeless guy who decided to camp out there? The whole video was a bit weird.

Best,

T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks