• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Left blinkers stopped blinking????

Drock

Electrical is not my strong suit. Can anybody point me in the right direction (pun intended ) as to what would cause this? When I turn on the left blinkers they just stay on and all lights illuminate. When I turn on the head lights the 2 left front marker lights won't light up and it still doesn't blink. I didn't see any separate fuses. Could it be the blinker element?

bwilson7990

The ground behind the taillight housing grounds all three bulbs for that side. If the ground is bad all of the lights wont work. They do join together with all three ground wires from the bulbs to the single wire that gets screwed to the chassis, there could be something corroded or loose there. I'd suggest tracing the wire from the socket and if nothing appears wrong with that, unplug the connector for the rear wiring harness (above the spare tire if you have one, along the inner rail of the frame on the drivers side) and test for signal from the yellow wire. If you have signal then your problem is in the taillight harness.

Last edited:

Drock

I FOUND IT !! it was the left front turn signal socket. I wiggled it and everything started working. When I get a chance I'll pull it apart and hit it with some dielectric grease. Thanks guy's

Gloaf

I had a similar issue (i.e. no left turn signal, but a working right turn signal), and after going through the fuse, bulb, socket, connections, etc. began to dread what might be next, but then changed the "lower right" (on the fuse box) flasher and immediately got back into business!