• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Left fender replacement..

SimonG

Left fender replacement help needed

So Im trying to remove the left front fender on my 1009. I got all the bolts off but this one in the picture. It is spinning freely and I cant figure out where or how to get at the other side.
Any help removing this? What problems can I look forward to putting the new fender on?

Attachments

Last edited:

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could use c-4...

I forget if that bolt is a bolt or a screw. either way, you are going to have to reach WAY up under the dashboard. I would suggest wearing a longsleeve shirt, and even then you are going to have battle scars. Its the same for the top bolt on the doors. Might even disconnect the batts as you will ahve a wrench in there...Good Luck!

BTW, be real careful in there, you don't want to pull wiring loose...ie, no bull in the china closet no matter how pi**ed you get!

Last edited:
That bolt and nut is gonna have to be gottin toafter u take the cowl off lift the hood and look in that direction Good luck i have done some scoutin gettin ready to fix my front end on Clifford (the red m1008 the left side looks like the prior owner went stumpjumping the grille guard is pushed up and my side marker is all messed up and the fender is crushed )he looks like he has a black eye lol

Attachments

Last edited:

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a two man job. Friendly advise, get your mom to help (Swinging the wrench o the outside)...the way you are going to be wedged up in the dash gives the girlfriend opportunities to poke you in places you don't want poked at the time...:oops:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two options not mentioned:

If you can't get another helper, get a set of needle-nose ViseGrips, get it locked onto the nut on the back side, and have at the front.

Option two: get a dremel with a cutoff disc and cut off the bolt head from the front. The rest should just fall off the back side.

SimonG

Thanks guys, Think ill try the hammer method then the reach from **** before I cut it off. Thanks again