• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Left turn signal will not flash

Nate475

My left turn signal will not flash, yet it lights up. This started when I replaced the floor vent seal. I unhooked the ground wire attached to the parking brake assembly. (First off, is this actually a ground wire as described in other posts?) At first the problem was intermittent followed by being permanent. I'm not certain if this caused the problem because as I mentioned it didn't immediately surface. The left signal lights up on the dash and the exterior both front and back but does not flash. I spliced into the ground wire that attaches to the parking brake assembly and relocated it to the ground junction near the black out light area (left side) of the dash with no success. I also installed a new flasher and troubled shooted it by swapping the hazard flasher in its place to rule out a (new) but bad flasher.

The other threads on this problem didn't have a conclusion so I'm starting a new one in desperation. Does anyone know what I should do next? The only other option seems to involve the dissection of the bundle of wires where the ground wire emanates from so that I can replace more wire. But then I risk causing more problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do next? Could it be the turn signal switch and not the ground wire?

Last edited:

Nate475

Here's a picture that I pulled off another thread discussing the same problem. My ground wire was grey with a white stripe which has me wondering. It was attached to the parking brake pedal assembly with slip on connector and what appears to be a single grey plastic ground junction positioned at the rear portion of the parking brake assembly near the fire wall. There is no other ground present so apparently the grey striped wire is the ground. parking brake ground wire.jpg

topgun217

Have you checked the bulb and socket. I had a similar issue and it was the bulb (rear). It also looks like that ground connecter (on your e-brake) was re-located from where it should be which is up higher and behind the blackout switch, but has me confused because you stated that you spliced into the wire and connected to the proper place. I would also suggest, cleaning any and all electrical connections (sockets included) . Just my 2cents

Nate475

I know the answer now, it was a ground wire for the parking brake light switch. When I started the truck the parking brake indicator light remained on until I unplugged it. The ground that I was looking for is positioned on a ground junction well away from the parking brake assembly. Once I saw it I remembered that I had repaired it last year so I don't think that's the problem. The next step is to pull all the bulbs on the left side of the truck and check the filaments. Hopefully I'll find a broken one so I can move on to the next repair.

Nate475

I had the parking brake ground wire that connects to the parking brake switch mixed up with another ground wire that everyone else was talking about. It has to be a bulb at this point. I post about it when I figure it out. And if I can't, I'll be belly aching on here about it once again, lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks