• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Left turn signals quit when braking

biggus

My 77 M880 has an electrical issue. All lights abd signals work but when I hit the brakes, the left turn signal (front & back) stop blinking when the brake lights come on.
Any help appreciated.

fallen

I have heard that a filament from a two filament brake light could have an internal short and cause the signals to flash when the braked are applied. It could be some thing related. I would replace the bulbs and see what happens. It could be as easy as swapping left and right side bulbs and seeing what happens.

MatthewH

Get new bulbs. If they are cheap dual filiment, or are a single filiment, that will cause this problem.

Also check the grounds, like Bob H suggested. If all else fails, clean them really good and grease afterwards.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks