• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leg/Landing gear/Wheel

joejeeper

Picked up my M101A2- nice trailer, great condition- didn't realize how heavy they are. Anyone mount a crank up/down leg to help hook up w/out lifting trailer? Pics? where you got one? How did you mount? Cost? Thanks for the help- Joe

ranchhopper

I bought a crank up dolly for my 101 from tractor supply it clamps on so it can be positioned anywhere on the A frame behind the lunette ring. It is pinned so it can be put in the horizontal position for higher ground clearance or even taken off and stowed in the truck when the trailer is hooked to the truck.

joejeeper

Ok, I found one ( tractor supply website) for 30$ by Reese, it has 1000 lb capacity- guess thats ok for the tounge, I have a three car garage and want to be able to unhook the trailer-then push/manuever the trl into middle of garage. Joe

OLDCHEV4X4

There is a original style crank up/down landing leg for the M101 too. But it does not have a wheel. I think there is room to add one though. Just a thought incase you want the original look.

If you do get the tractor supply type, you could always paint it olive drab. They were added at the unit level.

1956_4x4

There is a original style crank up/down landing leg for the M101 too. But it does not have a wheel. I think there is room to add one though. Just a thought incase you want the original look.

If you do get the tractor supply type, you could always paint it olive drab. They were added at the unit level.

I've been looking for one of the "original style" crank ups from an A-3 to put on my A-2 for a while. They must be few and far between because I haven't had any luck. I have to agree that these trailers can get heavy with a load...

Smitty

LuckyDog

I plan on getting this one at TSC this weekend:
Bulldog Tubular Swivel Mount Jack - 1161655 | Tractor Supply Company

Most of the jacks I have considered only go to 21" total height. (The others were too expensive)The bottom of my frame when hooked to the truck is 21". So, I don't think those jacks will lift the tongue at all. Be just like the regular landing leg, unless I always carry a block or two to put under it.

The jack on the link also only goes to 21" BUT I can add an extension pipe to it. Still will only be 11 inches of travel but that travel will start at 16" and go to 27"

Could still add wheels if you wanted. With the correct diameter extension pipe, this would fit, I think.
Bulldog Trailer Jack Caster Assembly - 1840039 | Tractor Supply Company
BUT: it will reduce a 2000lb rated jack to a 800lb max rating.

DAP

I have a crank up solid leg on my M101 3/4 ton trailer and will trade you for the one that doesn't crank up and down. Only 2 problems (only 2????) 1) the crank unit is jammed and will have to be cut open to free it up. 2) I live 45 minutes south of Charlotte, NC so shipping them back and forth will be a pile of $$. - - - - Oh and I don't have the crank handle that goes with the jack (so I guess that is 3 problems - LOL).

I have mounted a Northern Tools crank jack with dual wheels on my trailer and added a 4" post extension to get the proper height. It works perfect and saves the back. I only want the solid one for when I put the tongue way done. Something I can't do with my wheeled tongue jack give my height extension.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CUCVFAN has the mil-spec crank up landing legs. I bought one. They are not cheap, but they are the real deal...really stout and they work well.

LuckyDog

Sent the company that makes the crankdown leg an RFQ by e-mail, but their contact mailbox is full. Haven't tried to call 'cause I plan on doing the Bulldog clamp-on.
Here is a pic of the landing leg on their website: http://www.utilitytoolandtrailer.com/military2/military2.htm
If you call, let us know what you find out.

Crank down leg iformation:
NSN: 2590013880958
Their PN: 126948

Mailing Address

Utility Tool & Trailer
P.O. Box 360
151 E 16th St.
Clintonville, WI 54929

Phone
Office: 715-823-3167 / Fax: 715-823-5274

sales@utilitytoolandtrailer.com

Utility Tool & Trailer - Contact Us

http://www.utilitytoolandtrailer.com/military/military.htm

Their 1-ton trailer is shown on this page: Utility Tool & Trailer - Cargo / Combination Trailer Options:

Last edited:

Boreal21

I called and spoke with Michael... he was pretty helpful but unsure if he could sell the legs to anyone but the government. He certainly wouldn't sell a single unit to me as an individual. I asked him if he would consider selling a larger quantity if we got a group buy together, but he didn't know for sure. He's going to have to do some digging.

In the meantime I told him I would put feelers out there to see how many people would be interested in getting mil-spec crank down leg for their M101 trailers.

Any takers?

Barrman

Really depends on his prices. TSC has those wheeled ones for $29.00. A few minutes with a spray can and 99.99% of the people that see it won't know the difference.

goldneagle

I plan on getting this one at TSC this weekend:
Bulldog Tubular Swivel Mount Jack - 1161655 | Tractor Supply Company

Most of the jacks I have considered only go to 21" total height. (The others were too expensive)The bottom of my frame when hooked to the truck is 21". So, I don't think those jacks will lift the tongue at all. Be just like the regular landing leg, unless I always carry a block or two to put under it.

The jack on the link also only goes to 21" BUT I can add an extension pipe to it. Still will only be 11 inches of travel but that travel will start at 16" and go to 27"

Could still add wheels if you wanted. With the correct diameter extension pipe, this would fit, I think.
Bulldog Trailer Jack Caster Assembly - 1840039 | Tractor Supply Company
BUT: it will reduce a 2000lb rated jack to a 800lb max rating.
You can get the wheel option with 2 wheels on the bottom as well. I have one and it connects the same way as the single wheel. You probably don't need an extension with the wheel on. If the bottom of the pipe gives you the 21" then the wheel will probably add another 6". The wheel assembly can be removed in 5 seconds if it interferes with the landing leg when in the folded position.

DAP

I put one of the Northern Hydraulics two wheeled ones on mine and added a 4 inch extension but I am also running 38 inch Michelnins on my M37 so need the added height.