• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

legal height of mudflaps in MN

grunex125

After a recent conversation in another thread I have been doing a little thinking on this subject and decided to do a little more investigating. I came up with this page from the MN DOT which discusses several issues and hopefully helps someone down the line who is a new owner. The question that I had was in regard to mudflaps and their hieght from the ground and it was answered here, but then as soon as one question was answered another popped up. Here is the link............
https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/msp/commercial-vehicles/pages/faqs.aspx

The new question comes as a result of not knowing if this rule only pertains to active military trucks or not, driven by only active military personnel. My guess is, that is the case, and that mudflaps are indeed required, and should not exceed 9" above the ground. Any thoughts?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
After a recent conversation in another thread I have been doing a little thinking on this subject and decided to do a little more investigating. I came up with this page from the MN DOT which discusses several issues and hopefully helps someone down the line who is a new owner. The question that I had was in regard to mudflaps and their hieght from the ground and it was answered here, but then as soon as one question was answered another popped up. Here is the link............
https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/msp/commercial-vehicles/pages/faqs.aspx

The new question comes as a result of not knowing if this rule only pertains to active military trucks or not, driven by only active military personnel. My guess is, that is the case, and that mudflaps are indeed required, and should not exceed 9" above the ground. Any thoughts?
If I were a guessing man I'd say you are correct. To go even further, I'd say military trucks made without mudflaps (M818 etc) should have them added once they enter civilian hands.
If nothing else it's just a good safety measure and courtesy to other drivers if driving without a trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks