Legal Issues that could effect all MV Owners

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

k9lestat

Yeah I thought it was high myself. Just saying what they told me. I don't both of them new vehicles. My mistake. I didn't realize I hit the one(1) key. I'm a fat fingered fool sometimes on this tablet. It was 5k.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the reading is very entertaining :0 So when you go get your tag to register it you will need the SF97 from the auction house. You will take that and then apply for a Georgia Title, get a TAG and pay the new road tax based on Weight of the vehicle, take a picture of your data plate with you. In addition you will pay the new one time advaloreum tax based on the fair market value of the vehicle. That is not in the system so it will be interesting how they value this. I have not registered my newer vehicles yet so not sure how they are going to get the fair market value. I would take in your invoice from the auction house. Enjoy
The "new Transportation Impact Fee" should be $100.00 for that vehicle, PLUS the Advaloreum tax which I was assured would be based on the price listed on the Bill of Sale when you bought it from the government, and that is a one time fee....but the "Impact Fee" will continue forward (new fee this year).

Once enough of the vehicles are registered/titled in GA to assess an Advorleum standard (which I doubt) the Bill of Sale will no longer be used.

Remember? We went thru all that when I sold the M923 to Zout and we all went to war to get it registered....and did.

Actually, if you plan to keep a vehicle over 5 years you will save money on the advorleum taxes but the "impact fee" won't go away...and it sucks.

AngryOregonian

I purchased a 1970 M35A2 on Saturday here in Colorado and had one heck of a fight trying to get it registered and plated at the DMV. At first they refused, then they "made an exception" for me because it already had a clean Colorado Title. They even went as far as telling me even though its plated, insured, and otherwise legal, if I get caught driving it on the street that would be the end of it. I went to the local Police Station and they confirmed otherwise, and even laughed about what I was told at the DMV. Who knows what's going to happen in 5 years when my plates expire, but I'm not ok with the direction things are heading here.

Last edited:
I purchased a 1970 M35A2 on Saturday here in Colorado and had one heck of a fight trying to get it registered and plated at the DMV. At first they refused, then they "made an exception" for me because it already had a clean Colorado Title. They even went as far as telling me even though its plated, insured, and otherwise legal, if I get caught driving it on the street that would be the end of it. I went to the local Police Station and they confirmed otherwise, and even laughed about what I was told at the DMV. Who knows what's going to happen in 5 years when my plates expire, but I'm not ok with the direction things are heading here.
As an example of other DMV problems that should not exist... I own a 1946 dump truck. I had no problem registering it. Non 16 digit vin and all.
I guess I was lucky when I bought the M817a1 The registration says manufacturer is US Army, body type M817 ect. I have never been stopped in it.
I think since it is properly registered as what it is I don't get stopped regularly by the police because the DMV mislabeled it as a JEEP.
Since most of the Military vehicle owners in my part of Virginia have gotten to know most of the police dept. Except me. Since they get stopped regularly by the police cars with camera systems. I don't. The camera system reads the tag and displays JEEP. The cop sees that the truck IS NOT A JEEP and stops the truck. I have never heard of any tickets given.

Yet another gross waste of gov't time and money. But the gov't officials don't care about wasting OUR time and money.
And keep in mind there is no such thing as gov't money it is all OUR money they are wasting.
They are supposed to be using it wisely. When are they going to start using it wisely?? I have seen no evidence of wisely yet.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As an example of other DMV problems that should not exist... I own a 1946 dump truck. I had no problem registering it. Non 16 digit vin and all.
I guess I was lucky when I bought the M817a1 The registration says manufacturer is US Army, body type M817 ect. I have never been stopped in it.
I think since it is properly registered as what it is I don't get stopped regularly by the police because the DMV mislabeled it as a JEEP.
Since most of the Military vehicle owners in my part of Virginia have gotten to know most of the police dept. Except me. Since they get stopped regularly by the police cars with camera systems. I don't. The camera system reads the tag and displays JEEP. The cop sees that the truck IS NOT A JEEP and stops the truck. I have never heard of any tickets given.

Yet another gross waste of gov't time and money. But the gov't officials don't care about wasting OUR time and money.
And keep in mind there is no such thing as gov't money it is all OUR money they are wasting.
They are supposed to be using it wisely. When are they going to start using it wisely?? I have seen no evidence of wisely yet.
I would not hold your breath while waiting for that to change. :whistle:

tobyS

Actually Bob USNR, "our money" is not "ours" nor is it money....it's bookeeping entries mostly + some currency (cash money). Money is made by issuing debt....lots of it. The total of personal and public debt and financial obligations is staggering. Quantifying the amount of debt money used to be kept as an economic indicator M3....but they did away with it, so tracking it's growth would be limited to a few (the FED). Note Rothschild of London was issued 57% of the stocks that comprise the board of governors of the FED and never sold any of it.

There is a mathematical formula, compounding interest, that nearly perfectly matched M3....and shows why they got rid of M3 keeping track of the debt money quantity...it was about to scare the mommy's and daddy's increasing exponentially. The book Truth in Money has many proofs why the US money system is on a curve that matches compounding interest from 1913 when the FED and IRS were created, to where M3 was kept and then predicting the future....and barring major system change, it is unstoppable.

They argue that the growth of the total money supply has averaged the interest rate of 6% and capitalize the interest in yearly since 1913. The curve can be made by saying one borrows $1 in 1913 and increases 6% (capitalized in) yearly and carried out to 2023 (110 years). That is ((($1.00 x 1.06) X 1.06) X 1.06) for 110 years. That curve is extremely close to matching and predicting where our borrowed money (M3) was at and is heading....it's not good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks