• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Legal issues with transporting "troops" in a Deuce

mattgunguy

This is what the Missouri Hwy Patrol told us a few weeks ago. If the cargo area / bed is enclosed there is no legal need for safety restraints ( if the cargo cover is on ). If the cargo area / bed is not enclosed you must have safety restraints. Also, if there are more than 14 occupants including the operator you must have a CDL. The trooper was not able to tell us anything about restraints if I have the cargo cover sides rolled up. I wouldn't take this as holy gospel for Missouri state law. Just what the state troopers told us.

I've had a class a CDL for over a decade and have learned not to trust them so much. we still put seatbelts on our troop seats.

Just a tidbit to add to delaware, i know it applies to pick ups so im ASSUMING it applies with a deuce.

It is legal to ride in the bed provided you are not on a major highway, this is as myself and a few friends were told by cops at a DUI check point, so in DE the only "no-no" roads are 95 and RT1

James

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Passenger Law

Restrainment laws will be different depending on State, Country, location and can change over time so being aware of current, local law is required.

I was looking through Alberta and Canadian law info and wandered into this link that gives a breakdown of the different State laws in the US.

It's AAA so it should stay as current as gov sites. https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/seat-belts/

Links on the side let you view other laws as well.

We try to encourage everyone to do the 10km/hr speed when folks aren't strapped down. Just too many kids in the past getting throwing out or under when the truck playing gets a little rough.

Even if the law said I could haul a dog in an open cargo box, I wouldn't do it,....that's just me, life is too precious.

EWhytsell

In Ohio I'd only haul people if I were driving under 25mph. Otherwise you get into all the real legal stuff like CDL's, safety, etc. Under 25 here and most law enforcement would view you more as a "hay ride" than commuter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks