• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lengthening front driveshaft M1008

gungearz

Best thing to do is get a SYE for the T-case for the front and for the back.... With the driveshaft out. Measure from yoke to yoke to get your measurements. Size your measurements up with the original driveshaft and determine if you need it lengthened. Its weird cause some do and some don't. Did that on several jeep xj's and each one was different even with the same lift kit. You can take it in to have your spline shafts removed and put in a longer tube or you can do it yourself. Its very easy if you know how to weld but either way. You need to take it in to get balanced. You will go thru a lot of u-joints if you don't get it balanced. Hope this helps....

I got lucky as far as vibrations go too. Actually much less driveline vibrations now than before. My t case lever used to get going pretty good at 55 mph and that has stopped.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull those sway bar pins and you will see and feel a difference. I installed cross-over steering so my sway bar is long-gone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks