• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lenoir Cruise In

sethnagy

I'm taking my deuce and a half to the Lenoir Cruise In next Saturday, May 2011. A friend of mine, Forest, from Hildebrand is also bringing his deuce. I thought other folks in the area might like to join us. This is a great excuse to show off cool stuff. Our plan is to meet in the food Lion parking lot at South West Blvd and Morganton Blvd at 15:45. It is across from the Pancho Villa and the big mulch yard on hwy64, We'll convoy to down town so we can park together.

Hope you'll consider joining us. There is no cost and no reservation needed. Just show up!

Attachments

MDSA

Just saw your post - sorry I missed it. Sounds like fun. Let me know next time you plan something like this. I'll try to drive up from Valdese.

sethnagy

Brian - We had a good time. I don't plan to go to too many car shows, but every now and again it is fun. We did get invited to the Hickory Crawdad's game on Friday. Armstrong Ford is honoring Memorial Day by giving tickets to veterans. The sales manager, Bradley Ingels, asked us to bring our deuces to the game. So Sonny & I will bring our trucks to the game. Join us if you can. Bradley will get you tickets . . . just tell him how many you need. I'll be there by 5:30.

PS - Bradley's contact info (Our Staff at Armstrong Ford Inc - Your Hickory, North Carolina Ford dealer)

MDSA

Seth,

I guess I should start a thread about this since it is just a month away, but I just remembered that we always participate in the Glen Alpine 4th of July Parade. There are not any other parades nearby that I know of.

Usually another guy, Brandon, here in Morganton takes his 5 ton and we convoy to Glen Alpine where we meet a guy who has a fully restored 1943 Jeep. I think the parade's at 10am.

I also have a WWII vet ride along with me.

This year I will take the Deuce and ammo trailer while my son drives the M37 towing a M101.

We usually take I-40 but the M37 won't hardly make 45 so we will take Hwy 70 this year.

Hopefully you and Forest can join us.

We always have a cookout at the house afterward.

jblack6527

Haha. Yeah I do, he is always telling me about his buddy with the Deuce, and y'all riding around. I recognized the truck in that picture you posted from one he showed me.

sethnagy

Good to "meet" you. Vic's talked about you also. I'm sure he mentioned we drove out to Juliann/Burlington a few weeks ago. I let Vic do most of the driving. The truck drove really well.

I appreciate all the help you've given me. I know Vic's asked you a bunch of questions and I appreciate you burning the manuals on a CD. Thanks for all the help. - Seth

jblack6527

Nice to "meet" you as well. Maybe one day soon I'll get some batteries for mine and drive down that way. He did mention that, seemed like he was pretty stoked about it.

No problem, glad I could help. This place is where I've learned everything I know about them, it's a great resource.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks