• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leo stopped me

G-Force

Attackone,
That restriction has been in place forever. It was done because the state didn't want trucks coming down on the Thruway (I-87) or coming across the Tappan Zee bridge from taking the GSP south as a shortcut south. Originally they would have to take Rt 17 to the Turnpike. Now, with the completion of I-287 they can just take that and not have to run the guantlet through the suburbs to the Turnpike. The same restriction is on the Palisades Interstae Parkway for trucks. But that road has bridges that do not provide the height clearances for trucks in some spots.
I personally avoid the GSP like the plague. The road is filled with what I like to call "Amateur Racecar Drivers". it seems like every time I have to take that road there are people on there that shouldn't have a license....and their driving is proof of this.
You're a better man than I am to take a Deuce or even a truck and boat trailrer on that road. And if I'm not mistaken trailers are also not permitted on that road. So just watch yourself or just avoid going that way.