• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lesson learned during Transmission Rebuild - U-Joints

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've made it a practice to replace U-joints when replacing/rebuilding trannies. There are two different types U-joints!

They both have the same caps but what connects to the diffs are larger in format than the others. All of my U-joints in the most recent project were shot. I didn't hear them but they were going. Those little bearings can sure cut into the shaft! I was going to just replace the caps but the bearings had marked the main shafts - hence I had to reorder.

Just remember, two types: 2 Spicer 5-213x (large) and three 5-153x (smaller).

Napa can cross reference but they are more than that large jungle company...

Good luck out there!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank You. You are correct. I went through the same madness. If you look at the stickies at the top of this forum you will see a LEO checklist thread. If you would when you find a part number please post it in there also. I tried to get a sticky with just part numbers but was un successful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks