• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Let The Restoration Begin

StoneMill

Wow... any finished pics of your deuce? I grew up in Annville. Live not too far away in Lancaster county now.
I started disassembling my deuce this past week. Got about three days in it so far. Using a needle scaler to clean up the frame, hubs, axles, rears, etc... Bought a harbor freight blast cabinet for all the small parts (on sale for $219 right now plus another 20% off so I couldn't pass it up). Going to sand blast the larger parts in the back yard.
This is my first big auto restoration. Had a 78 Jeep Cherokee I fixed up a little in highschool but other than that I don't have a whole lot of experience like this. So far it's going well. Got a lot of knowledgeable friends and family.
Did you consider pulling the cab when you started out? I have everything off but the cab and fuel tank. I think I'm going to pull the cab this Sunday. We'll see how it goes.

Attachments

ctmustang

Here are some final pics the day before the new owner flew in to pick it up. I used 2 gallons of 24087 from Rapco. Soon as I finish painting the m1009 I'm doing I picked up another deuce the 25th that I'm going to give the treatment. I guess I'm a sucker for punishment but they sure look good when finished. And yeah this deuce will be staying in my driveway for a longtime.
CT

Attachments

ctmustang

The cargo cover was on the very first deuce I ever bought. When I sold it the buyer didn't want to pay the asking price so the deal came out to be I would keep the cargo cover-bows and troop seats. I was glad it worked out that way because if you can find the cargo covers in the old style canvass they are EEEEEEEEExpensive! I got the cab cover from a real nice member here who responded to my wanted to buy ad that I put in the classifieds.
CT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks