• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets see your DEUCE!

sp00n

how much were your tubes. im seeing 30-60$ for a tube

i might try to run 13's or 11's in mine

39$ per tube, 33$ per flap. You can't skip getting a flap. 11s will not be enough and will likely explode after time, 13s could work but I don't know for sure. Some more knowledgeable people than I run 14s so I went with 14s.

If you don't have the tires already and aren't sure about doing the work yourself, start calling around now to see if you can even find a place to touch them. I had a TERRIBLE time finding help, and when I finally did it took a long talk to explain how it would work, and I did most of the work.

I got a great deal on the tires, but after buying tubes, flaps and paying some guys to help I have paid more in those expenses than I did for the tires themselves.

sp00n

yea i have a guy that has a tire cage that i can use. havent bought the tires yet. did you buy the tubes localy and flaps or online?

I got both the tubes and flaps from a local truck tire place that initially said they'd do the job for me but when it came time to get it done they backed out and said it couldn't be done. I collected my boxes of rubber implements from them and spent another 2 days searching for someone interested in taking my money.

Home
These guys have the tubes and flaps but they were a little higher for both and I would've had to pay shipping. They also stock surplus military tires (including 395s) but I don't know what they charge for them.

sp00n

Today my Deuce went green. I guess its trendy now or something.

I used Krylon Camo Colors (12 cans of it so far, OD) and it went on fairly easily. Looks more like the WW2 OD than 383 but it suits the truck fine. Hopefully it holds up. I ran out of paint and my finger is tired so I still have to paint the rims and troop/cargo racks in the bed. The interior paint was pretty new looking with no flakes/rust so I'm not messing with it.

The first picture is a before and the other 3 are after shots.

Attachments

srodocker

For you rattle can painters they make a thing that slides onto paint cans for 3$ i think at walmart. it adds a little thing and it makes it like a 409 bottle with a handle.