• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets see your OD CUCV's

CUCVSRK

I know this question was not for me but I got the same straps on ebay type in CUCV ebay to google click the first link and scroll though all the pages (like ( but it goes fast)

2HIJOS2126

Yup I got them off fleabay... I just typed in CUCV CHEVY and searched in title and description... This is the title right beside the picture...(off roading tow strap kit bumper shakle pull 10 ton 3ft CUCV blazer K30 military) And actual picture from fleabay... Went mudding a few weeks ago and ended up getting high centered several times... We hooked up to these straps via an extra shackle and a long tow strap and they held up to some serious tugs... Which brings me to the thought... I really really need a 5" lift and some meaty 37" cleats...

Attachments

CUCVSRK

Yup I got them off fleabay... I just typed in CUCV CHEVY and searched in title and description... This is the title right beside the picture...(off roading tow strap kit bumper shakle pull 10 ton 3ft CUCV blazer K30 military) And actual picture from fleabay... Went mudding a few weeks ago and ended up getting high centered several times... We hooked up to these straps via an extra shackle and a long tow strap and they held up to some serious tugs... Which brings me to the thought... I really really need a 5" lift and some meaty 37" cleats...
Well they would definitely help but I don't think your truck can look much better

redwhiteandblue

It's a softtopper..Just put it on..I love it..I havent had a lot of time to use it yet, been a cold spring...But the little bit I have, it's great, easy to use..Really transforms the truck...Actually made it quieter, as roadnoise really isn't any different, and removing the back glass and mechanism in the truck got rid of a lot of rattling and racket.

The color is 383 Green CARC from Sherwin Williams...Great product, extremely easy to use...I can't paint anything with a rattle can without it looking like ****, but could paint this with a Harbor Freight gun...Highly recommended, and much better than the housepaints if you can swing the $
I was leaning towards painting it myself (buying a compressor and gun etc) but didn't want to paint in my dusty garage! Where did you paint yours? p.s. ordered a softopper today!

ajsmith184

In my dusty garage! haha

I have a home depot compressor...Get a bigger one than you think youll need...Used the $15 harbor freight gun..One gun for each coat...Throw away was easier than cleaning :)

Congrats on the Softopper.....If you can, lay it out in the sun before you install it..Softens it up a lot..

redwhiteandblue

There's no way I could hose down my walls! I could wet the floor down. I've read so many reviews about compressors and the horror stories I gave up! I think I was going to look into a Belaire for $700 now that I think about it but I get the feeling they are all made by the same company. I was thinking of getting the HotRod Flatz OD.

CycleJay

Hello, Thank you for the info. will check it out. Good day.

twlinks

There's no way I could hose down my walls! I could wet the floor down. I've read so many reviews about compressors and the horror stories I gave up! I think I was going to look into a Belaire for $700 now that I think about it but I get the feeling they are all made by the same company. I was thinking of getting the HotRod Flatz OD.
I painted mine in front of my shop...on the dirt, less than 5 mph breeze that day, very little dust in it and besides that, who cares, you aren't going for a "show quality" paint job. First time in the weeds and it's gonna be scratched up anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks