• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Level wind winch lubrication dilemma

Riftweaver

I am not sure if something is missing, but my unit does not look like the one in the TM.

On the front level wind for the 925, 928, 936, the trolley has some lubrication points. There are 2 points for the rollers. There is another point for the sheave pulley. There is supposed to be a 4th lube point. This would be item number 31 of figure 471, page 301, TM9-2320-272-24P. It is supposed to be on the shouldered shaft, on the end that is at the very bottom of the trolley.

I have 2 trolleys and neither have that grease fitting. I am wondering just how those 2 bearings are supposed to be lubed if there is no fitting. It's not that my fitting is broken off. The shaft is completely solid and only has a centering mark from production.

Does anyone have info on this? How am I supposed to lube the thrust/load bearing and the needle bearing?

Trolley.jpg

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A LOT of the front winches ave solid shafts clean back to the first of the 5t 39 series

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks