• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LFI: Salvage yards in Wisconsin Area

Fishtail

I don't believe there are any mil. veh. salvage yards in WI. The yards close to Sparta were all cleaned out over the past 10-15 years of this stuff. I knew a good one in Tomah, but that is all gone now. Now, equipment is purchased and scrapped out almost immediately to recover the money.

Scott

TBob

I don't believe there are any mil. veh. salvage yards in WI. The yards close to Sparta were all cleaned out over the past 10-15 years of this stuff. I knew a good one in Tomah, but that is all gone now. Now, equipment is purchased and scrapped out almost immediately to recover the money.

Scott

What about C.L. Chase in Camp Douglas? He might be worth a shot if he is still in business. He had a lot of the older mil stuff at one time. I haven't been there in 15 yrs though, so I don't know.

Here is his info:

C L Chase
W10416 County Road C
Camp Douglas, WI 54618-9750
(608) 847-6555

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what kind of parts you are looking for but I dd see several Deuces and a shop van or 109 at Erickson Truck & Parts on the East Frontage road down your direction. I was last there about two years ago for dumptruck parts.

Bert

Blentz

Scott,

You are definitely right about that one. It's a sad day when you know at least half to three quarters of those vehicles were sent to "deep" by being scrapped. Sign of the times I guess...

TBob,

I haven't heard about his shop but I'll wander up that way and took a peak eh? I'll make sure to post any information or pictures of vehicles when I get up there! I am looking for specific parts for a few vehicles, so anything else isn't really on my list.

T Highway,

Oh really? Wow.. I'll head over there sometime this week and see what's available! I wouldn't mind purchasing a Deuce & 1/2 to add to my collection..

Thanks for all your gentleman and I look forwarding to updating you guys with anything I find!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks