• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Libby MEP 002. 12 volt starter ?

Keith_J

Any ideas on why the voltmeter does not indicate on single phase? This forum is really great. I've learned a lot in a short time.
Test the meter, test the switch and trace the lines to look for breaks. If I recall correctly, this is a direct reading meter. The frequency meter indicates a proportional current for the frequency and requires a transducer so never hook it directly to utility power, otherwise it will be ruined.

The TMs have all the test and repair info. The -34 is a bit more technical but even this cave man can figure it out..eventually.

Guyfang

Staff member
I'm not sure about the reconnection switch position. Is it behind the panel to the left of the two outlets?

I'm unsure about what backup information you are talking about.
Partner, before you do anything, please sit down and read the TM 5-6115-584-12. Its the operators bible. Then you would know what S6 is, what not to do with the S6 while running the set. The S6 is the re connection switch Impi mentioned. We are tossing terms and information at you, and you have no way to process it. The best way to help us, help you, is to read that book. At least the instructions on how to set the gen set up, ready it for operation and proper shut down. Please properly ground it, before operation. Its all in the book. The book is in the TM forum. Download it and the others also.

tnmike

Facet pump was good. EMI module was a direct short to ground. Are these available?

Up and running fine. Had a minor issue with the low oil pressure shutdown. Wire to the sensor had broken at the terminal and was just sitting there.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just cut the module out, and install a nice water tight inline connector (so you can retain the military slip fitting). The pump will run without this filter.

tnmike

I cut the filter out and soldered it. And then wrapped it with 3m silicon tape. I personally shy away from crimp connectors where possible. I was just wondering if a new module was available.

Guyfang

Staff member
I cut the filter out and soldered it. And then wrapped it with 3m silicon tape. I personally shy away from crimp connectors where possible. I was just wondering if a new module was available.
Been working on these sets a loooooog time. Never seen the filter. You can make your own, but why? Unless it bothers you, why worry about it. Fire the set up and then turn on the TV and radio. If you hear any strange noise, then think about making a filter.

Guyfang

Staff member
As much as you run it, should not be worth the time and effort. Or, like I said, make a filter. I lived/worked on a HAWK missile site for many years. The radar could drive you mad at first. Later, I didn't even hear it. We only had radio back then. When you didn't hear the BEEP, you knew the PAR radar was down. Not good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks