• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

License Plate Location

Memphisdoug

Just curious as to where everyone mounts their rear license plate on a deuce? I figured the tailgate would be a good place but didn't really want to drill holes in it.

scooter01922

Mine is on the bed under the tailgate, roughly in the center of the truck.. BUT there are no holes drilled. The truck came from the previous owner with 4 super strong neodymium magnets. While they are only 1/2 inch by 2 inch rectangles and 1/4 or so inch thick they are really strong. As in you need a pair of pliers to have any hope of moving any one of them off the metal. One at each corner keep the plate rock solid.

boomer

Magnets are the set up I use (for all my m v's). They are the the ones the car dealers use, having a thin plastic coating-to prevent scratches. They are strong too. Like the dealers, I just put it on the back, and I am good to go (no pun intended). Then, for a static, or parade, they come off- for the true military vehicle effect.
Boomer

sgtrisk

Thanks, Doug!

Thanks for the thread, Doug! I've been wondering how I was going to deal with Virginia's requirement to have an illuminated license plate on the back. I'll have to put one on the front, too, sans light.

blackdog

Did you get that M54A1 that is in your avatar? I was looking to bid on it a long time back but was able to find another one. If you did get it, what condition did it end up being in?

Brian

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brian,

Yep, the M54A1C is here in Phoenix. Overall it's in excellent condition. It does need some work, mostly cosmetic. Engine started on its own (with me pushing the starter button of course) when it was dropped off.

Last edited:

Lex_Ordo

I bought two plate brackets made by Trucklite, and mounted my plates to the following:

Front right, under the Radiator, there are two 1/4 " holes on either side. Fits well, tight and no right out in the open to detract from the truck.

left rear, above the mudflap, under the bed. The plate bracket again uses, a single 1/4" hole. basically directly behind the bed hinge there are two sets of three holes on either side. The bracket drops the plate down away from the body, and again secures and protects it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks