• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

License plates for Oshkosh M1070

JphOshkosh

Trying to get plates for my m1070, Tractor Only. (40,000 pounds) Have tried twice at Wisconsin DMV to live CE it as an RV as suggested on this forum. They are not having it. I have the title in my name now but it states it is a tractor which the DMV can’t deal with. They don’t like coloring outside the lines. I would like to avoid getting a CDI.
Any advice as to how people have achieved a license without getting a CDI.
It is just for hobby use, parades, pulling buildings over, etc. No commercial use at all.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. JphOshkosh. Jimphall@hotmail.com

fasttruck

Is this old enough to qualify for historic plates in your state. The feds think anything weighing more than 26000# is a "commercial vehicle" and all sorts of nasty compliance issues creep in when that threshold is crossed. Try a different MV office ?

DavidB

Contact Tom Zant at Alfa-Haven in Anawa WI. for directions how to deal with this. He and Paul Underwood are the ones who did the work to get the Military vehicle registration set up in Wisconsin.The one at Toms show last was fall had the Military plates at a cost of $5.00.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not WI, but people are pretty much universal in their ability to be difficult or helpful.

I do ALL my vehicle registration in the county where my ranch is. They usually have no idea how to do it, but always find a way to get it done. The local office close to me is staffed by mean hateful she devils. I second the idea of shopping around different offices until someone is willing to do the legwork to get it done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks