• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lift help

dave wells

i want to put new leaf springs in the front cause they are SHOOT but i was wondering where i can get a set of springs that would give it bout 2 in of lift cause im running a 33 it doesnt scrub but 2in lift would look good so where can i get set of 2in lift springs for a 08

thanks for any help

Last edited:
If you SEARCH the forum for lifts for the CUCV's, you will find MULTIPLE threads concerning it. Rough country has 2 inch lift kits for these....pretty much any 4wd site has 2 inch options. i did the RC 2 inch. it was blocks in the rear and 2 inch springs in the front with shocks. IMO, it turned out nice! I'm running 33x12.5x15 Firestone Destination M/T's with no rubbing at full flex.

Attachments

Last edited:

philjafo

Some guys don't like to cut the fenders but if you get fender flares made for trimmed wheel wells they look pretty good and let you run 35" tires picture to the left, I know its not a m1009 but its the same front suspension. Not only does it let you run bigger tires, you also keep a low center of gravity

rnd-motorsports

Not recommended on stock front springs because of the reverse arch. they are fine on aftermarket lift springs for the extra lift but I would not use them on stock front springs!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks