• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift Kit

AJMBLAZER

Eh, go work your truck offroad for a few hours. You'll notice a difference...especially considering you can get them for similar prices.

Twin tube just is older tech and cheaper to make so it's still common. Then the big names get slapped on them and whalla, they're selling for as much as the cheaper monotubes go for...or more. Priced Rancho's junk lately?

AK_M1028

I got my 5-1/2" Superlift installed a couple of weeks ago. I ditched the lift blocks and installed a 4" shackle flip and 6" shackles in back for 5-1/2" of lift in back. The truck sits level and looks good. The 39" Michelin XML tires did not clear with just the lift. I would rub while turning and really jammed the front wheel well back when I tried to flex it. I installed the ORD swaybar disconnect, but have been driving it with the swaybar disconnected all the time. I'm going to remove the swaybar all together because I don't need it.

I finally was able to take the time and cut the fenders today. I really only had to cut the front, but I wanted to cut the back to match. I made a pattern on cardboard and used the same cut lines on the bed wheel wells. With a factory truck, the top of the wheel wells are not at the same level. I decided to cut them at the same level and think it looks pretty good.

I'm waiting on one more part to get delivered before I can install my crossover steering. I also need to extend the breather hoses and shim the rear axle to correct the pinion angle. I was playing on some piles of dirt a dump truck dumped in my backyard. I can climb right over them now. I think I'm going to order a heavy duty diff cover and the high steer kit from ORD to keep my tie rod out of harms way. I also need to paint the wheels flat black.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks