• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift kits

fordlotus

I am too. I want a four inch to clear some 35's. I went and got one from rancho for the normal k5 and it wouldn't work by any means. Springs were too short, also 2 1/2 inch wide instead of three, not enough leafs, on and on. I was told these are 1/2 ton kits and next time I get into it I'm going to try a 3/4 ton or one ton kit. Should have started with that in the first place.

ultim8gamr

I am looking into the same thing for a M1008. i'm planning on going with 4" skyjacker springs in the front, i think for a 3/4 ton and using an ORD shackle flip in the rear to keep the payload capacity. I too am trying to fit 35" tires with only 4" of lift and really dont want to do any fender trimming. skyjacker should have some blazer springs and the ORD kit works on K5s to 1tons so i'm sure that would work for ya if interested.
John

kingsley

As soon as the truck gets out of paint and repair, I am going to run in by skyjacker and superlift. I will keep you guys up to speed on what they say and quote. I am putting wrangler bia's with new rims on my truck.
will advise.

gt1009

If I'm not mistaken, the m1008 is a 1 1/4 ton truck. Just keep that in mind when you are buying your lift kit. CCATLETT44 has the 6 inch skyjacker lift on his m1008, and it looks great with his 35's.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If my memory is correct the M1009 uses the standard Blazer springs. However the M1008 is 1 1/4 ton and uses special springs as does the standard civilian 1 ton chevrolet. Unless you are using lift blocks in the back and an add a leaf or having the springs re-arched in the front, you will lose load carrying capacity.

ultim8gamr

hndrsonj said:
If my memory is correct the M1009 uses the standard Blazer springs. However the M1008 is 1 1/4 ton and uses special springs as does the standard civilian 1 ton chevrolet. Unless you are using lift blocks in the back and an add a leaf or having the springs re-arched in the front, you will lose load carrying capacity.
as for the 1 1/4 ton i think the shackle flip will work for rear and should keep load capacity because its the same springs, and you don't need too much load capacity on the front, most weight is on rear axle when towing/trailering.

does anyone know how soft front skyjacker springs are? I want to get a pair, but dont want 'em too soft. and i havent found a 4 inch superlift kit yet, only 2.5" and 5.5"-6"
John

mcne2026

I just finished installing a lift on my M1009. I went with the ORD 4" Shackle Flip and 2" EZ Ride Tuff Country springs for the rear. 4" Tuff Country EZ Ride Springs for the front. I had the stock RIMs powdercoated black and put 35" MT Baja Claw Radials. They clear the rear when fully stuffed. I had to trim a few inches of fender for the fronts to fit stuffed, but they fit fine without trim when it was on road or easy trails. You will also need brake lines. You could go with just 6" springs in the rear, but the shackle flip gives a better ride on road. But, the shackle flip is a BIG pain in the ass to install on a M1009, but worth it to me. The whole install took about 10 hours.

ultim8gamr

mcne2026 said:
I just finished installing a lift on my M1009. I went with the ORD 4" Shackle Flip and 2" EZ Ride Tuff Country springs for the rear. 4" Tuff Country EZ Ride Springs for the front. I had the stock RIMs powdercoated black and put 35" MT Baja Claw Radials. They clear the rear when fully stuffed. I had to trim a few inches of fender for the fronts to fit stuffed, but they fit fine without trim when it was on road or easy trails. You will also need brake lines. You could go with just 6" springs in the rear, but the shackle flip gives a better ride on road. But, the shackle flip is a BIG pain in the bum to install on a M1009, but worth it to me. The whole install took about 10 hours.
Did you run into any problems with the front springs? i heard that springs will not work with the stock bumper on a M1008.
Do you have any pics of the truck that you could post?

ultim8gamr

hndrsonj said:
The 1008 is completely different from a 1009.
i assumed they were different, but i figured the military didnt change too much from the base chevys, guess i was wrong. so has anyone lifted a M1008 and are there conflicts with the bumper and springs?
John

CCATLETT1984

gt1009 said:
If I'm not mistaken, the m1008 is a 1 1/4 ton truck. Just keep that in mind when you are buying your lift kit. CCATLETT44 has the 6 inch skyjacker lift on his m1008, and it looks great with his 35's.
I HAVE A SUPERLIFT KIT!!!!

THOSE ARE 38.5"x15"x16.5" ground hawgs on humvee rims, not no stinking 35's

ultim8gamr

Does anyone know a good company to go through for extended brake lines? and has anyone gotten away with the stockers for a bit? or is it too much with a 4" lift? They all seem pricey, but for safety, $1xx isn't bad at all.
John

CCATLETT1984

ultim8gamr said:
Does anyone know a good company to go through for extended brake lines? and has anyone gotten away with the stockers for a bit? or is it too much with a 4" lift? They all seem pricey, but for safety, $1xx isn't bad at all.
John
I would go with the ext. lines from a guy on www.coloradok5.com, he is in the vendor section. his username is shane74. The lines are $45 ea. They are beefy, and the std. ones that he sells are good for 6-8" of lift.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks