• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lift pump and banks turbo

mtjbrown

Hi, I am installing a Banks turbo kit. Was just wondering how many people are still using the mechanical lift pump with the banks turbo?? Seems to be a very tight fit, wondered if it would be better to use an electric fuel pump and a block off plate??

Thanks,
Mark

airmech

I'm using both on mine. The mech fit is not bad at all, though after many years working on aircraft nothing on a car seems bad anymore!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im still using the mech pump also. If you decide t ouse it. Put grease on the pump push rod to hold it up in the bore while you install the pump. You have to remove the pump to install the turbo's oil return. You can remove the crossover pipe while working on the pump if you want more clerence.

mtjbrown

Thanks for the replies. I already have the turbo on, just buttoning things up and thinking what to do in the future if mech pump goes bad.

dstang97

If I was to install the kit again I would put an elec fuel pump on. I had the whole front clip off and it was still a PITA.

jag7720

I installed my new banks kit back in July 09 and I got rid of the mechanical pump... good luck changing it when it dies with the turbo installed.

I went with the walbro FRB-5 Great pump and if you go WVO it works well. If you are still 24v you could go with the FRB-2.