• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift pump loses pressure after start

DWaters22

Put on a Airtex 8131 and builds about 9-11 psi when you flip the accessory switch then when started loses all pressure and truck will run for 3-5 min and die. What could be the problem? Thanks

DWaters22

I’m plumbing through the original pump and put a hose that was rated for to be submerged in fuel. And all the air is bled out of system. Once it dies again, I bleed it and it takes awhile for the gauge to come up on the lift pump then once it does I tighten the bleed valve on the sec filter and she fires up again. Idles for 3-5 min and dies

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks