• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lift q for 33's

csramsey640

I am in the process of having my m1008 "restored" However I want a set of aluminum rims and a set of 33" tires that I purchased for another project. I read another thread and I saw the a member did a 4" lift for 35's so my question is, what do I need for 33's? It has 235 85 16's now, which are about a 31 so Im going 2" larger. He went with 35" and 4" lift so Im guessing I need 2" lift.

Do I need new front springs for this, or can I restack them to gain some? I have access to just about any part I need, but dont have experience with lifting a vehicle.

Thanks

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in the process of having my m1008 "restored" However I want a set of aluminum rims and a set of 33" tires that I purchased for another project. I read another thread and I saw the a member did a 4" lift for 35's so my question is, what do I need for 33's? It has 235 85 16's now, which are about a 31 so Im going 2" larger. He went with 35" and 4" lift so Im guessing I need 2" lift.

Do I need new front springs for this, or can I restack them to gain some? I have access to just about any part I need, but dont have experience with lifting a vehicle.

Thanks

No lift required to run 33's as long as you don't run over 9"w rims. I ran some 33/12.50-16.5's on 10" rims and they would hit once in a while.
Here's my 1008 with 255/85-16's that are 33.3" on stock rims. My old civilian 1/2 ton with 33/12.50-15's on stock 8" rims. On my plow trucks I always added one leaf to the front to help carry my 8.5' plow. No lift though and no rubbing on either truck. Been running 33's for over 30 years on GM pickups and suburbans without lift kits and no problems.

Attachments

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
you can stuff 33" but there going to rub. To run 33's and no rub you want to have a 3 inch lift. I have a 4" lift and it looks good on my 09. I can take the sway bar off and wheel the snot out of it and no rubbing.

dmc-4359

fwiw, I've got 33x12.5x15's on my m1009 and have not had any rubbing issues. Someone told me I had a body lift but after comparing my truck to others, I'm pretty sure I have factory standard details all around in regards to the suspension and body mounts. I have never had it out in the woods explicitly for wheeling though.

CDN-CUCV

you can stuff 33" but there going to rub. To run 33's and no rub you want to have a 3 inch lift. I have a 4" lift and it looks good on my 09. I can take the sway bar off and wheel the snot out of it and no rubbing.
Yeah, I've experienced no rubbing issues at all with my M1009. I'm running BFG All-Terrains 33" x 12.5" on the 15 x 8 stock rims.

FYI: This months' 'Four Wheeler' magazine has a tire/lift chart for popular 4x4's. Includes tire size, lift, off-set and trimming in an easy-to-read format:p.

Ok, Four Wheeler? you can send the check to......;-)

kennyw

Another factor to consider is how bad have your factory springs sagged under the weight of the diesel. If they are sagging pretty bad, then you may want new springs anyway.

However, I have 37" tires on my pickup with only a 2" lift. The fenders were neatly trimmed and welded up. Most people will not realize I have trimmed fenders without looking very closely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks