• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lifted 1028 has strange clearance issue.

Smokinyoda

Just got done lifting the 1028 with 4" HD Tuff Country front springs and also used a zero rate to move the axle forward 1" for a total of 5" front lift. Went with 4" in the back with Tuff Country shocks on all 4 corners. Used 2" wheel spacers so I could fit 37" hmmwv tires and wheels. Passenger side tire spacing in the wheel wells looks great, but drivers side tire is very close to the front for some reason. So close that it has rubbed twice now. See no major damage or bent panels to explain this. At first I thought I screwed up with the zero rate and moved one side farther forward than other. Have since measured the axle at several points and verified it is the same on both sides.

Anyone ever seen this before on these trucks? I guess I will be moving the axle back to stock location and just use the zero rate for an extra 1" of lift.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is CUCV Hot Rodding and Modifacations. Should not be here.
Moved. In the future, please use the "Report Post" button so that we can move these. It's the ! In a triangle in the lower left corner of every post.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this my be rudimentary or basic but are there zero rates in the same relation? I don't use them but I do use the EZ Inch from DIY4X and they have 2 different options on the amount you can move the axle. Maybe these have that option as well.

Smokinyoda

I know this my be rudimentary or basic but are there zero rates in the same relation? I don't use them but I do use the EZ Inch from DIY4X and they have 2 different options on the amount you can move the axle. Maybe these have that option as well.
Yea that was my first thought as well. But after measuring axles at both ends to different points on frame they are the same. Guess I will just unbolt everything and move it back to stock position. It is nice to do 60mph with the engine at a comfortable rpm. Thats the only reason I did this, will rarely see any off road use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks