• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lifted m1009 gas mileage?

jwasjp

thinking about getting a m1009. i want to lift it with bigger tires just wondering what the gas mileage would be with like a 4 inch lift with 33's or 35's

2deuce

I don't think you need a lift with 33's. I put 255/85/16's on mine and I like the speed increase. They are about 32. I think they look good too, but my camera battery is dead. I did have to find the 16" wheels. Its too soon to tell if there is a MPG increase.

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
I had a 4 inch spring lift with 33's and we got 25 MPG all day long. one week while one of my E5's was driing he got 28 MPG. a good tuned 6.2 will get you 20's for sure!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thinking about getting a m1009. i want to lift it with bigger tires just wondering what the gas mileage would be with like a 4 inch lift with 33's or 35's
I would say that your "gas" mileage would be zero, as the engine won't run very long on gas.

Now as to "fuel" mileage I would say 22-25mpg would be a good estimate.

etech

i get 19 in city and 20 to 21 on the freeway with 35's, and 17 in city and 23 on the freeway with 37's on, but you have to stay in the sweat spot, all diesels have a spot in the power band where it likes to be and that spot differs from truck to truck even with the same engine. worst I have gotten is 14 with 35's and 13 with 37's. now I'm getting ready to go to 39's but I'm going to go for different axles with 3.73 gears or 4.10 gears. i also have a banks turbo kit I just bought that I'm going to install so that may change things up a bit. those numbers quoted above are with stock 3.08's

etech

Bigger Tires, Lift Kit, and Gas Mileage. Three words that just don't mix.......... Hate to be bubble buster.......:razz:

dont know about that quote..... bigger tires, lift kits and millage go hand in hand if its diesel.. had a f250 crew cab 4x4 short bed that got 25+mpg unloaded on the freeway with 37's and a 7.3L powerstroke, but it also had propane injection.
as for the cucv no tuning, just turned up the injector pump a little and drive it the way diesels are supposed to. keep the rpms low and dont mash the throttle. and while my millage is a little worse in city from the larger tires, its a little better on the freeway, granted I live in a area where there are very little hills so most of the roads are flat. as for a turbo I have just bought a banks kit but I have not installed it. need to rebuild the turbo and I have no idea what to expect after that..

Mudstone

i drive mine to school and back. about 30 miles each way... i fill up 2x a month. its actually pretty rediculous how well the truck does. I have a 4inch lift and 37s. I definitely will say... if there is a head wind you're screwed cuz these trucks are aerodynamic like a billboard.

ODdave

my dad has a 1009 with a 4in lift and 33's and gets at least 20mpg, it acctually seemed that the truck was a little peppier too. It was a super easy upgrade and he is more than happy with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks