• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lifted M1031's lets see them!!!!

tvguy

I'm working on mine . . . planning on 4" springs in the front, shackle reversal in the rear + zero rates on both. I'll be running a dually front, Dana 70HD rear with SRW hubs and stock H1's with 35's. I'm still trying to decide which tire to run . . . 16.5's are getting hard to find. I'm thinking about the Interco TRXUS MT in a 35x12.50x16.5, but still haven't seen them in person yet.

colelkhunter

dually front allows you to run the H1's without spacers front or rear. Nice thinking. I am most likely gonna run dually hubs on the front and spacers on the rear to get my H1's on there. Don't know about the shackle flip in the rear for me. I plan to tow a little with it and have not heard the best things on towing with a shackle flip. Most likely do blocks in the back of mine.

tvguy

you dont need to buy a dually front when the only difference is the spacers that are stock on the dually axle are avalibe thru chev or ford and bolt in place its the same axle and hubs.
I'm guessing this is what you meant but just for clarification it's the hubs (and rotors) that are different between the DRW and SRW.

or just recenter the h1's
I like the look of the stock H1's, plus I already have them so I'm gonna use 'em as-is.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
. . 16.5's are getting hard to find. . .

OMG are you for real? There is a tire place in Hooks, TX that must have 2000 of the 16.5 Wrangler MTs for sale.

Croatan_Kid

Yes, the axles are the same width, it's just the hubs themselves that are different. If you ran a DRW axle with SRW hubs, it would be pointless and counter productive.

jimmy-90

There is a member on here that goes by chevkeith that I have exchanged PM's with that has an ENORMOUS contact maintenance body truck. It is truly something to behold. I don't think he's been on here for a good while though.

colelkhunter

That's what I want to see! I have seen exactly zero. Most are like me, in the process of gathering parts to do it, but havn't gotten anywhere yet. I am heading in that direction regardless. i am getting my tires/wheels this weekend. My intention is to get them on there with as little lift as possible. I am not building a rock crawler, just want the better tires and ground clearance. The more I measure, the more I think 2" and a little fender love int he front should cover me just fine. I WILL POST PICS.

jimmy-90

That's what I want to see! I have seen exactly zero. Most are like me, in the process of gathering parts to do it, but havn't gotten anywhere yet. I am heading in that direction regardless. i am getting my tires/wheels this weekend. My intention is to get them on there with as little lift as possible. I am not building a rock crawler, just want the better tires and ground clearance. The more I measure, the more I think 2" and a little fender love int he front should cover me just fine. I WILL POST PICS.
If you were wanting to see that lifted contact maintenance truck just look him up in the members list at the top. He uses his big contact truck for his avatar/profile pic.

tvguy

. . 16.5's are getting hard to find. . .

OMG are you for real? There is a tire place in Hooks, TX that must have 2000 of the 16.5 Wrangler MTs for sale.
Yes, I am for real. If you read my post I said I was looking for 35's . . . not 37's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks