• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Liftgate Hydraulic Pump Mod Help on M820A2 Needed

goldneagle

I am thinking of replacing the 3 phase hydraulic pump that runs my liftgate on the M820A2 with the engine off. This is a the backup pump used when the truck is plugged into a 3 phase generator for power. It allows the operator to operate the liftgate without having to run the engine and PTO.

I have not tried to read the motor specifications from the tag on the motor. Its all painted over.. May have to pull the entire assembly to get to it. I am pretty sure its a continuous duty motor and pump that circulate hydraulic fluid to the liftgate and is controlled by solenoid or pressure switches. It is attached parallel to the PTO pump.

I would like to change the motor or motor/pump with one that operates on either 24v DC or 120 volt AC.