• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lifting a humvee body

hummer4x4guy

I'm getting close to pulling the body off the truck and wanted to know if anyone has successfully lifted the whole body off by using the b pillar as a lift point.
Thanks

DatGuyC

From what I've read on the h1 forums it seems you should have something at each of the corners of the rocker panels when lifting the body. Also the rear bed section doesn't need to be supported but you have to watch the gap where it meets the rest of the body because it flexes and can chip the paint there.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No no...Lift the body with the front and mid bed ties....I do it all the time...some times several times a week. The rear of the bed needs to be supported by a helper...it has a lot of flex in it.

AAVP7

Sorry if this has come up before, but I think I´ve read all the threads on the topic of lifting the body, and I didn´t find my point:

Do you guys have a rough estimate how much a Humvee body weighs when completely stripped of everything (seats, pillars, etc.) ? I need to lift a body in another garage where there´s no crane, and I have to calculate wether the roof structure will carry the load.

Thanks in advance !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks