• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lifting blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBlackTurd

Is there a reason that I cannot use blocks to lift the front of an M-1008 like the ones they use in the rear? I was thinking of using 2 1/2" square tubing to try to level the truck by raising the front. By brother suggests this because he did the same thing on a '99 F-250 powerstroke straight axle with leaf springs and didn't have any problems. I'm sure there is a reason why no one does this, but I can't think of why.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Braking forces on a front axle are tremendous. The force is compounded with lift. You could probably run front blocks for years and get away with it but in a crisis braking situation, there is a very real possibilty of pinching the blocks out and that would mean total loss of control of your vehicle. Please don't do this! Dangerous, Dangerous! Be safe and protect your fellow motorists.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Re: RE: lifting blocks

Recovry4x4 said:
Braking forces on a front axle are tremendous. The force is compounded with lift. You could probably run front blocks for years and get away with it but in a crisis braking situation, there is a very real possibilty of pinching the blocks out and that would mean total loss of control of your vehicle. Please don't do this! Dangerous, Dangerous! Be safe and protect your fellow motorists.
I agree and cold not have said it better.

CCATLETT1984

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER
(Hope I'm being clear enough) Use lift blocks in the front of a truck.

you can get "zero-rate" springs which kinda look like a block but are bolted into the spring pack (blocks are NOT). you can get "zero-rate" springs from places like ORD. The benefit of using them is that you can space your axle 1.5" forward or rear of the stock location (or in the original location). This can help if you are having issues with the tires rubbing the rearward edge of the front fenders (since from the factory the front tires are not centered in the wheel wells.

Angus1

Front lift blocks are a bad idea, They dont deal with the stress of a steering axle,plus they don't pass inspection. Please don't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks