• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Light Indicator

dherman304

Hello all, I wanted to install an LED light next to my light switch to let me know if I left the lights on. My thought was to splice a hot wire once the top switch was moved to anythign other than "Off" using the picture below I thought wire "E" would be the one to use but it only illuminates in some positions, NOT while in Serv. Drive which is the main reason I wanted this indicator.

Anyone have any ideas what wire to splice into to get this job done?

1690840439435.png

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Headlights should go through the dimmer switch, which according to your diagram is pin "M"
Pin "H" service tail lights should also be the same if I am not mistaken.
Pin "L" is labeled "parking lights" which I think is either the marker lights or front running lights, or something like that. Should also be on when in service drive.

Pin "E" is for the blackout circuit, which doesn't really have a use in the civilian world.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would use Pin A it powers the brake lights so it will be hot in ether service drive or stop light position.