• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Light sets

Oros35

I have 5 of these light sets and will probably never use them. I see what they are going for on GL. Is the value because people want them or for scrap copper?

I have been thinking of getting rid of them because I doubt I will ever use them. I don't want to give them away but I don't think they are made of gold either. Gonna post an add in the for sale section. I'd like to see someone get them that wants them rather than for scrap. They are nearly 100% complete.

Is there a market for them?
Thanks

Attachments

steelandcanvas

Lamps are blue for night light discipline. It's easier on your eyes to go from blue light to darkness than white light to darkness. The pupils don't take as much time to react. The light sets probably went in Tactical Operations Command (TOC) tents in the field. Nice sets...throw them on eBay.

Last edited:

Oros35

They are colored bulbs. And I think they are just portable light sets for tents and such. They have covers for the lights and dimmers and everything in the kit. Real slick. But I don't have much information on them. that's what I would like to find out too.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bulbs are blue so they are not seen as far away (they usually have blackout cones on them also). Two boxes makes up one complete light set, which will put lights into about four GP Medium tents. Usually issued one set (2 boxes) to a company. It's all two wire stuff and the lines that are the main power are fairly heavy copper - 10 or maybe 8 gauge. The sets weigh a lot and it usually takes three or four people to carry them any distance. I got two sets (four boxes) a couple of years ago at Bragg DRMO for under $300 - haven't priced them recently.

Bighurt

I bid on 4 last month and got sniped...really wanted a set but i know nothing of them.

I buy mil because I want it not to scrap it...LOL

cjcottrill

When COLEMANS have them in stock, they sell them for $49.00 a box. I've seen people ask a lot more but don't know what they settled for. Keep in mind the cables are two wire, in other words - no ground- so they don't make dood extension cords. It seems the BRUCE lights are in pretty good demand and bring a much better price. Here is the link to COLEMANS so you can see the listing.

General Illumination Light Set, U.S. G.I., Used [290401] - $49.00 :: Colemans Military Surplus LLC - Your one-stop surplus store with Army/Navy products for hunting gear, camping gear, emergency products, and survival products

Last edited:
I haven't seen light sets like this in years. They were the bane of my existence in the Army though as a supply sergeant in a maintenance company. All that stuff to keep track of and I was forever requisitioning expendables. And they were heavy as f#ck so that you needed 2 Snuffys to carry each one in the field.

The light sets went into GP medium tents in our unit and the bulbs were blue to practise light discipline. They weren't very bright either as I remember - the light output was similar to a 25 watt bulb. Battle lanterns would have probably given more light and be less of a hassle, but that's just me.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks