• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lighted Christmas Parade

pvtjorge

Silsbee, TX

"Christmas in the Big Ticket "Lighted" Parade"
December the 3rd.

For the past four years I have been the lone MVer showing patriotism at Christmas in the parade.

For you MVer's in the area please come help me. It is a big parade and a large crowd. Bring candy to throw. Hope you can make it.

Fill out the registration form.

http://silsbeechamber.com/silsbee-december-events.htm

Ken

Last edited:

pvtjorge

"Yes, how do I put Christmas lights on my deuce for a parade??"
Well for starters you need a 24volt to 120volt inverter, then you use your imagination. Do you have kids, I bet they would love to help. A Duece wrapped with lots of muilticolored lights would look great

"Do you have pictures of your lighted MV?"
Yes I probably have pictures of my MV which is a Jeep and Trailer around here somewhere on the other computer.
It is not decked out at the moment. that is something I will be doing in the coming days.

txmytx_catahoula

OH MAN!! My boy's soccer team qualified for district, which happens to be in Brenham on the same day. Momma and my girl already have two parades on the 3rd here in Port Arthur and Groves. Looks like we'll have to look foward to next year. Good Luck!

SGTStewart

Here is my M109 I did up a couple of years ago. I put a 12 volt to 110 volt inverter under the passenger seat, ran wires through existing hole in the back of the cab down to the battery box and wired it to the rear battery ( 1 - 12 volt battery). I use 550 para cord strung to the box how i wanted the lights and then i zip tied the lights to the para cord. I ran a short extension cord between soft top and the back of cab to plug lights in. When at home I pluged the lights into the house.

I will see about posting a picture of the inverter later.

IMAGE_814.jpg

IMAGE_818.jpg

bmH1065

Thanks for the pictures. I bought 30 boxes of led lights on close out last year at Walmart to do my truck. Found out today that they decided to not have Christmas parade this year but will decorate it any way. I built a 24 to 12 volt converter that works on small scale but haven't tried it on large yet.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We ran our deuce in the San Angelo Texas Christmas Lights Parade last year - 2010.

We'll be doing it again this year.

Yes, how do I put Christmas lights on my deuce for a parade??

Carnac:
We borrowed a 120v 2K generator and simply threw it into the back of the Deuce for the parade.
After the parade, we returned the GenSet and parked the Deuce in our driveway - hooking the lights up to an extension cord.

Quick and simple - and great since we still don't own a genset.

John

pvtjorge

Thanks for the photos, that should help CARNAC out very much. Nothing to it but fun.

I use zip ties and clear plastic tape.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jingle bells, Jingle bells.... ZIP TIES all the way ! ! !
:roll: That reminds me of the time my dad took my brother and I to Mickey D's for supper right before Christmas one year.

Imagine, if you will, a 40 YO man singing the 12 days of Christmas into the order microphone at the drive through. Imagine, if you will, two boys, GLUED to the floorboard when we drove up to the window...DAD, KNOWING full well, we went to school with just about everyone working that night...

Amer-team

Thank you for the tips on the lighting.

There will be a Christmas parade in Centralia WA on the evening of Dec. 17th and they are looking for lighted vehicles. Someone called me and i was trying to figure out how to run the lights. May try to light up the 5 T.

mckeeranger

We used a generator as well. The cargo cover bows always look good with strings of lights.

Sorry, no pictures. Believe it or not, nobody thought to take any. We did get second place in the "Organization" category, which was cool.

We're in again this year, but I hope it's warmer. It was 17 F last year. (I know SGTSTewart from MN won't be impressed with that.) :)

pvtjorge

I finally got some lights strung on the jeep. I don't know why but I can't get the thumbnail to do right on here.

Last edited:

pvtjorge

At staging area this evening. From the time we got rolling at the start to the end
was an hour and 15 minutes. Too busy throwing candy to take any pics of the crowd

Last edited:

pvtjorge

I intended to link two different photos but I put the same one in twice, it's changed now.

I noticed that when I take a photo of the lights in the dark with flash on, it comes out messed up. So I tried the Red Eye mode with the flash and it came out better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks