• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lighted indicator display illuminates in chase pattern

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope. Ran mine that way for quite a while troubleshooting the charging system. Spent 9 months finding my issue:

Last edited:

Ronmar

In writing something to someone else IRT a LBCD it occurred to me that a mis-wired LBCD might also cause your issues. there are 6 major lines, Battery, Alternator and Cab cables for both 12 and 24V.

If the alternator cables somehow got put on the LBCD “load” terminals instead of with the battery cables on the LBCD “battery“ terminals where they belong, the alt would still see 24v coming from the battery and its reg would be able to build a field and start generating power, but it would be unable to send any of that power back to the batteries thru the diodes in the LBCD. Because it cannot really sense any connection to the batteries, it it would most likely derate its output into the 13.5/27V range like the voltages you are seeing and the batts would discharge as they would be getting none of that…

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a good point - It's not uncommon for some joe to incorrectly wire up the LBCD studs. My intake grid heater was on the 12v side of my LBCD. Probably related to various troubleshooting performed by PFC Snuff that was never able to find the cold solder joint on the LBCD ground pin of it's cannon plug. Admittedly there was no possible way to find it given the troubleshooting flow charts from the TM's, or from Niehoff - even speaking with Niehoff engineering they were unable to think of a way for the OVCO to occur besides the field shorting to 24v (which it effectively was on my oscilloscope, but damned if I could tell you how exactly) so there is every possibility that those could be mixed up. Having the grid heater on 12v would pull the voltage down pretty hard if it was cold enough to be in play.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks