• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lighting issues

ari

so my head lights don't work and the passenger front side blinker light only works when I put on the turn signal. Tail lights, turn signals, 4 way, blackout lights all work. bulbs are good and I put in a new switch still the same problem. I get 2 volts at the headlights and inspected the wiring everything looks good. Any ideas? and is there away to rig the headlights to the BO light.

gcbennet

Grounds. Pull apart and thoroughly clean every single one of them. 9 times out of 10 if lights fail to operate it's because the grounds are corroded. Also, check the wiring for splices and/or repairs that have corroded over time as well as thoroughly inspect the rubber connectors. Don't take forgranted that they appear ok. I've found several on my truck that were rusted solid from moisture ingress.

Lawdog734

I would have to agree with Gordon. Now is also a good time to install a ground harness as well. If you don't, you will likely have ground issues again.

I see your in Dacula - you're not terribly far from me (Athens area).

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your high low beam foot switch...head lights won't work if'its bad or missing altogether...I had a truck that had the low beam side not plugged in, high beams worked fine....

ari

I opened the parking light everything inside is corroded real bad and rusted somehow water was getting inside. got a new one on the way old one is beyond repair I would assume this would affect other lights too. we will find out when the new one gets here