• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lighting upgrades

kurtkds

So I was bored tonight and thought I'd take some pics of the lighting upgrades I've done over the last several months.

I thought a night shot of the lighting would look pretty cool.

What do you think?

And for the heck of it, the traditional poser shot..:-D

The third one is of the Blackout lights. The blackout drive light uses green LEDs which looks really cool at night.

Attachments

Last edited:

kurtkds

Yea, they're Trucklight's. They put out a lot more light and the pattern is really tight. The color they put out is the same as a LED flashlight but a heck of a lot brighter (white). Makes for good contrast at night.

Lex_Ordo

The other LED company is Grote.
I put these on my truck and trailer, and like them more than the Trucklite. They're a bit brighter, and i like the lens, and body composition better. They also have camouflaged b/outs until they are lit.

The Grote's are a product improvement from the Trucklite. This is always the case as new companies break into the market of competitors.

These pics are with the B/outs on. when they are off, It is just green like the case.

Attachments

Hammer

Love those lights, but at that cost, there is no way I can justify it for something that doesn't get driven enough.
But if I drove it all the time, the safety factor might justify it.

kurtkds

I got mine through Levine Auto. Yea I paid more for the lights than the truck, but the value of the truck to me is way higher than what I paid for it.

I do drive it a lot so I'd say the head light were the best investment... I get a lot of comments about them and how they stand out both day and night.

Lex_Ordo

I paid something like $700 & change, for the full retro-fit HMMWV kit.
It is has all LED, B/out headlight which actually is green, and very cool looking; Two front marker, and two Taillights.
The HMMWV retro-kit, is the way to go because they are wired with resistors to simulate the load in amps to activate the newer M series flasher units. My unit is a Nartron, and it needs the faux load.

jwaller

ebay is selling a lot of the led headlight kits these days. looks like you can get them for 300 a set right now and thats a steal.