• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lights in the grill guard - show me your pics!

rjinga

Ok, I want to add some additional driving/off-road lights in my grill guard (and maybe on the back too). Let me see your set-up! Also, any suggestions on the best watts for the buck would be appreciated. :)

jimmy-90

Im useing a set of 55 watt driving lights in the front that I got from one of the auto parts stores. Can't remember what brand they are but they were cheap. Like $20.00 or something. They are DOT. approved so I can run them all the time. The ones in the back are a set of tractor lights that I got from the hardware mega store. They are pretty affordable as well. Like $16.00 each and can be found at alot of stores. They are not ratted for highway use though. They are also 55 watt's. I custom built the boxes and screens for the back ones myself.

Attachments

jholler

Don't have pics yet, I'll try to get some. I mounted 2 NAPA tractor lights with rubber housings on the lower middle sections with 100w airplane spotlights as suggested in another thread...NICE and bright! Also put some WalMart $10 clearance rack rectangle foglights in the sections in front of the turn signals, mounted inboard so as not to block the signals. I've found that the lights are like tattoos though...now I want more. I wanna light that thing up til I feel like I'm doing route clearance again....

jholler

Don't have pics yet, I'll try to get some. I mounted 2 NAPA tractor lights with rubber housings on the lower middle sections with 100w airplane spotlights as suggested in another thread...NICE and bright! Also put some WalMart $10 clearance rack rectangle foglights in the sections in front of the turn signals, mounted inboard so as not to block the signals. I've found that the lights are like tattoos though...now I want more. I wanna light that thing up til I feel like I'm doing route clearance again....
There they are!

Attachments

rjinga

I ended up with a set from Wal-mart for around $25.00. Mounted them in existing holes and connected them to existing wiring. 55 watts each; look good and every extra watt helps.

Attachments

Firejareen

I have 2 PIAA 110 watt (each) lights mounted same height as headlights but inboard on brush guard and then 2 Hella 100 watt (each) amber fog lights mounted under the bumper in existing holes. It provides a lot of light in the country where there are no street lamps to illuminate the road. When it is foggy I turn off the headlights and drive with the fogs only. Can see everything great. No Pic computer sucks

unaffiliated

Yeah. Me too. I've got some round Mercedes fog lights (clear lens so not sure why they call them fog lights) that are about 4-5 inches diameter. I should mount them and see how they look.

K9Vic

Here is my setup for extra lighting for those dark back country roads. My headlights are aftermarket 60/55 watt H4 bulb.

2 Rigid Industries Dually LED 10watt
2 Halogen work lights
4 Pro Comp 100watt lights on Carr roof rack (just in case someone asks even though they are on the roof)

Attachments