• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lights Went Out on M1008

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turn on the service light switch(the toggle on the right). This toggle switch can be left in the on position and simply operate the "stock" headlight switch like any other Chevy truck.

This is from the -10TM(basic operators manual)

Attachments

Last edited:

camerodad

Service Light Switch is on, Could it have gone bad, if so, How do you bypass it. I checked all the fuses, grounds. I am leaning towards the Service Light Switch going BAD???

Camerodad

91W350

My son found the black out light switch and was messing with it and then called me, thinking he fried the lighting system somehow on my M1008. He had just turned the service light off. Hopefully, that is all that is wrong with yours. Glen

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any progress?

lolercaust

I'd like to know what happened, my truck did the same thing today. Swaped out fuse's for new one's (triple checked) and replaced stuck high beam switch. When i went to turn on the lights for a functions test the turn single indicators flashed the went out and all the out side lights wont come on. thought ok light switch went bad it was old and sloppy any ways so i replaced it and the same thing happened agian. quick flash from the indicators and that was it. i guess its time to go through the TM's.....removed foul langage.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks