• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Like a proud father, waiting for delivery

jhillsmo

Well...I saw, I wanted, I got. an M109 out of Jeff City, just closed the bidding. Jeff City, Mo is real close, so I'll save the transpo fees. This ought to make the poster that was losing his focus because folks were paying so much for a Deuce.
I paid 2k. A couple of guys I talked to said it was real clean, walked up and started it. Can't wait to get it, wonder how long for EUC to process.

Yaaahhhoooooo

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
they are trying to tell you that they want to see pictures....you'll get that a lot. These guys are picture crazy.

Oh, yeah....nopics

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
we love pictures!

nopics

woo hoo!!! Pictures!

jhillsmo

I saw somewhere on the site about bleeding water off of the brakes before I try to drive off. Is that a real concern? How do I list my vehics like above, maybe I should stare at the control panel again....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The bleeding water thing is draining the air tanks of water. See the operator's manual for more info.

Listing your vehicles below is your signature line, it is modified from the User CP. Try this: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/usercp.php

54reo

Congrats on the M109!

I will be going out there on Tuesday for a recovery, and I could take any pics or inspect if you would like. PM me.

Your truck looks to be a good one, (I was bidding too, but I got out at $1200). It even has the rear heater, hardtop, rifle mounts on the dash, cab heater, and air shift. Seat covers look newer too.

Here are the pics from GL.

Attachments

Last edited:

jhillsmo

i was looking at one in ft campbell, then discovered this unit. i got to get out of here , be back in a few, we'll discuss, thanx for the offer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Educate oneself by reading the TM.s We have made them available free of charge here on Steel Soldiers. Go to the top, click on resources then scroll down to technical manuals. Once there search for TM 9-2320-361-10 and TM 9-2320-361-20 as starters. Right click on them and save them to your computer for best results. The -10 is the operators and the -20 is the unit maintenance manual. You can also grab the TM 9-2320-361-34, TM 9-2320-361-20P and TM 9-2320-361-34P. That completes that series of TM. All of the 209 manuals are a different series.

mistaken1

Congratulations.

Those guys who live close to the sites that auction 50 trucks a week don't understand what its like not to live close to one of those sites.

DieselBob

Congratulations on the 109. I got my deuce from there back in April. The site contact Jeff , and the guys are nice to work with. The truck should be in the secured storage lot off base so things shouldn't disappear before you pick it up.

54reo

jhillsmo,

Let me start off by reaffirming what Kenny mentioned above concerning familiarizing yourself with the TMs. They are free to download here, and absolutely a must read BEFORE anyone attempts a recovery (or any operation of the truck). This will prevent damage to the truck, oneself, or others. If you have ANY questions (remember there are no dumb questions) please ask. That said....

Ok I was able to look your truck over some yesterday. It has brand new batteries that are charged (and mounted in a new fiberglass battery box), good tires, and quite a bit of extras. The heater kit for the box is brand spanking new and completely installed, one rifle mount, new seat covers, it has a firm brake pedal, one antenna mount and sugar scoop mounted on the drivers side of the cab tub, all of the radio power cables under the passenger seat, a tool box with a bottle jack, and a glove box full of papers/manuals. It does have a cab heater, air shift front, and hardtop that is in decent shape. The box on the back is an earlier model as it has the windows in the rear doors, and the grab handle and steps on the front. The box does have some rust in the corners though, but not too bad. All in all, a good looking M109.

PM me if you need anything else...

Attachments

Last edited:

Green_gator

I had to restrain myself from bidding on that truck. I have a 109 without the windows on the rear doors. I was convinced that buying a truck in Missouri and driving it to Florida just to swap two rear doors with windows made sense. Welcome to the 109 club, you will like the shop van. Read the manuals and some of the recovery threads and then if you are not sure ask questions. These are some large vehicles if you have never driven anything other then a passenger car. Hearing protection is needed even if it is a short recovery.