• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Limestone Overhaul Tag

muttandjeeps

Just purchased an '84 M998 from a private party. The truck has an overhaul tag from Limestone in 12/02. What, typically, was done during the process, besides the MWO's for the PS cooler and 3 pt belts (only two listed)
The truck looks beautiful underneath, odometer is showing 20k, and it has the 6.2. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

springbok

When I spoke to them I was told that the body was removed and the frame striped and repainted. Everything gone over and replaced or rebuilt. Emergency brake update, seat belts and in my case motor rebuilt. He said they were allocated 40k per rebuild. So basically it came out a new truck. Mine said 460 miles on it and from everything I have seen it looks to be correct not just a replaced odometer. Mine has all new wiring. Nobody else bid on it because of blowby but that was due to it still having the breakin oil in it. After replacing the oil and 300 miles it is gone. Runs really quiet and has at least 30% more power than my 1038. Hope that helps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks