• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lint? Around the radiator capneck? Some copper tint to some?

dabtl

I just bought a new radiator cap. I figure it was from expansion and compression leaks from the old cap. I will find out shortly.

dabtl

OK, here is what I think happened. I changed one of the cylinder heads two years ago. Flushed the oil four times to remove the coolant that came with the cracked head. Oil is perfect.

So, I got lazy, checked the brake fluid only since.

I think I had a leaky radiator cap. It allowed steam to escape and that got wet anything around the cap. On cooling the cap had attracted lint type of material that seeped in when the positive pressure ended. I checked the radiator because after a short parade the engine temp showed hotter than normal. I added a gallon of antifreeze and about 6 quarts of water.

I am replacing the radiator cap as no other hose or gasket showed any leak after running for a half hour in the drive way.

This may solve the problem. I will let you know otherwise.