• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Listing VSE as Manufacturer on M105A2

brasco

I bought a M105A2 trailer from GL that was "Reworked by VSE Corporation" and doesn't have the original data plate. When I apply for the SF97/title through GL, I just plan to list VSE as the manufacturer and use the reworked date as the build date. I don't think this will cause any problems with the Indiana BMV because this is the only data on the trailer. Has anyone else done this? Success? Problems?

Thanks,
Don

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a M105A2 trailer from GL that was "Reworked by VSE Corporation" and doesn't have the original data plate. When I apply for the SF97/title through GL, I just plan to list VSE as the manufacturer and use the reworked date as the build date. I don't think this will cause any problems with the Indiana BMV because this is the only data on the trailer. Has anyone else done this? Success? Problems?

Thanks,
Don
Don, I sent mine in as unknown MFG. and used the rebuild date for the year and I think all is ok because I called GL and they said I should have it in the next week. I will let you know as soon as I get it.

Dave

gottaluvit

I have a very similar situation with the M1061A1 that I just got. Because of it being over 4000 lbs. I need to have a title to get a liscense plate. Probably more so for commercial vehicles. We don't need anything but a weight slip to get a lighter trailer registered/plated, as they don't need a title. I just called my county title office (they do all title work in Ohio, not bmv [BMV only does plates/registration}), and it looks to be fairly simple to do the title work with the serial number on the data plate and then I plan to show them the pic of the tag saying reworked by VSE Corporation on 5/11. They want pics of the data plate too. I was told to get it weighed first and then bring the weight form and pics to them and get the ball rolling. The data plate has no date or manufacturer's name. I plan to use this info on the rework tag as the manufacturer and date of manufacture for titleing purposes. I will let other's know how this worked out in the great state of Ohio. The lady seemed very helpful and said some rules are different for items bought from the government. Wish me luck!

20160210_144122.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks