• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Litter Carrier

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There were and they were shown in the early manual, but no one that I know of has ever seen one in the flesh(35+) years. It was a piece of angle tron that attached to the side rails and had levers down the length that when turned 90 degrees would lock the stirrups of the litter to keep it from moving. The levers looked just like the ones on the fixture that you strapped to a litter to hold the "Thomas Ring splint" in place. There was another version that used pins.

I seriously doubt this was put into production because that model mule wasn’t. Look at the sloped foot basket and the angled steering gearbox. My guess is that this photo is a pre-production prototype.

rml1708

The litter Kit is listed in the manual TM 9-2320-246-34P (pg 125) with a complete listing of the part numbers. If I can find some photos of a couple of the parts it looks easy enough to build. a length of square tubing, a couple brackets, some MS17989-622 Pins (much like the M939 5 Ton hood release). just a little more data and I can build it.

major519

The litter Kit is listed in the manual TM 9-2320-246-34P (pg 125) with a complete listing of the part numbers. If I can find some photos of a couple of the parts it looks easy enough to build. a length of square tubing, a couple brackets, some MS17989-622 Pins (much like the M939 5 Ton hood release). just a little more data and I can build it.
I’d be interested in this project

Chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks